Today was my first prenatal visit. Dare I even say, "OUR" first pre-natal visit. Because the overwhelming #1 news today is that Spampy baby is a real baby, my copilot in a real pregnancy, in my real uterus. I saw her/him on the ultrasound, a little tiny bean shaped thing inside my bigger bean shaped womb, with a beating heart you could see but not hear. (She's shy!)
This is a wonderful relief, because despite reassurances from kind folks near and dear, I had a nagging thought that perhaps I wasn't pregnant... maybe I had, against all odds, bought a bad batch of EPTs, and was suddenly done with the dormant period of a virus causing disfiguring breast growth that I had picked up while crawling through the backyard in Kerala. (Just saw a show about the Plague, and they say it and other unknown diseases are lurking in corners of the world still underdeveloped... and for the paranoia in my head, rural Kerala fits that bill.)
Hallelujah, that is not the case.
So, there seems to be absolutely nothing extraordinary about this particular pregnancy, and the midwife said everything looks good. She is a wonderful hippie sort of chick, with a headband and short gray hair, who has a great sense of humor and has already gossiped with nurse Jane about how handsome Saby is and what a cute baby we'll have. (his HealthWorks magazine was there in the room, so during my pelvic exam my handsome hubby smiled at me from the magazine rack.) And Spampy smiled at me from the ultrasound, and as a result, I'm smiling my freakin' head off.
There are no words, profane or otherwise, for how excited I am! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
1 comment:
Smiling my freakin head off reading this. :)
Post a Comment