Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sunrise Planet

This morning I was sitting in front of the TV, eating a tasty scrambled egg and english muffin breakfast I made for myself (and which subsequently gave me horrible gas-e-ola) when I stumbled upon what may perhaps be cable television's manifestation of ZEN. Something on Animal Planet with "Mayan ruins of Tikal" caught my eye and I flipped there, something called Sunrise Planet. Within moments I realized that this was a show where you simply do nothing but watch the sunrise. From early hazy pre-dawn, for one hour innumerable cameras record the happenings at what is already a spectacular location, and you simply see and hear the sunrise. Birds... howler monkeys... rustling winds... insects buzzing... flapping wings... splashing frogs, fish and ducks... it is a ambiance tape gone visual, and it was absolutely transfixing.

I want to kiss the person who came up with the concept.

I promptly emailed my husband, mother and sister and asked them to get me the DVD set so that I could watch it while in labor. Or during any other circumstance that requires some serious zen.

No comments: