Ahhh, French Kiss. Great Meg Ryan movie that (among many, many, MANY other things) brings to light the plight of hundreds of thousands of North Americans: LACTOSE INTOLERANCE
Something funny has been happening to me lately. I seem to be able to drink milk. And eat ice cream, and have milkshakes, and smoothies with yogurt, and have cheese in absolutely everything I eat (minus ice cream, milkshakes, and smoothies with yogurt).
There's no stinky-poo aftermath to be suffered by all. No cramping, no painful build-ups with subsequent explosions. In fact, perhaps in a mean inter-bodily plot to make me fatter, my digestion seems to be loving this stuff. We're saving about $5 a month not having to buy Lactaid milk, and I'm pumping that saved $5 directly back into Boston Stoker Mocha Lattes! I have calcium coursing through my veins at an unprecedented rate! Osteoporosis is no longer in my long-term plans! YES! For the love of God, I want the whip cream!
This is a new development over probably the last two months. I'm not sure if some new bacteria has taken up residence in my intestine or what... but milk no longer makes me want to shoot myself. This is a very nice thing.
1 comment:
Hola-
Contracts is M & W at 9am central, 10am Eastern :) But you did make the deadline and thank you. I myself was 15 min late b/c I was distracted by "Diff'rent Strokes" and a search for Midol this morning.
Write and tell me about your good news. I am sorry I missed your call at the end of last week...don't know if you got my phone call interlaced with hiccups from the Chik-Fil-A that same night. Got to slim down for the May wedding. My dress is at least one size bigger than I currently am wearing.
Time for Property! Talk to you soon... do you even get to read these comments?
Post a Comment