Thursday, May 29, 2008

Self-imposed Distress...


Note: Photo above from Lalee's house, May 11th. Testing the capabilities of a Boppy. Results: works well as a portable coffee table.


Arrggghhh, I'm experiencing the most uncomfortable thing of my pregnancy... carpal tunnel! Saby says it's not, but I said it IS (I WebMD'ed it, for God's sake... they're NEVER wrong!) and it hurts and I shouldn't even be typing this, because it finally feels better for the first time in 3 days.

Bash this into a basket with the fact that my car's title is floating in some neverland between Ohio and Michigan, with me (the owner) having no idea where or how to find it, and Tim Kerr, my co-signer, sitting in Missouri at a Chrysler plant trying to keep his company afloat while also dealing with the procrastinatory (I made that word up) issues of his sister-in-law and needing to get some crappy documents notarized so he can sign off on whatever it is I need to do in order to get new license plates.

Hello, run on sentence.

Other than that, apparently I'm 32 weeks and 4 days pregnant today... time is beginning to fly, people! Lessons learned at this point include:

a.) how much I actually use my right hand, which becomes painfully obvious when use is uncomfortable and as a result I have to have Saby push me out of bed from behind (unless of course, I can swing my legs down and get enough momentum to just pop OUT of bed, but that risks a charlie horse)

b.) that I never, ever want to be overweight. Being about 25 lbs heavier takes a notable physical toll on a person, and while I still feel pretty fit and lithe comparable to how I look, just climbing into bed can leave me wheezing for air. This of course is not just all being a fatty, it's partially because baby is busting forth in my sternum and pushing my diaphragm up into my lungs.

c.) our baby is a disco dancer, mountain climber, explorer, boxer, Kung Fu artist, Chinese circus tumbler, contortionist, acrobat, and possibly even the bad guy from Monsters Inc. (because of the way my belly will ripple and bumps suddenly appear and disappear). Apparently this (like everything in pregnancy) is an "enjoy it while you can" issue, because at 33 weeks and beyond baby is getting to big to be punching and jabbing in such a confined space, and rather just rolls and tumbles around.

d.) Braxton Hicks contractions are the coolest things ever... completely painless and throughly interesting, they consist of my uterus contracting and thus becoming HARD... like watermelon hard, where it will give a bit but remain firm. Very cool! That's when I actually try and get people to touch me. "Hey, wanna feel this?"

No comments: