Saturday, December 15, 2007

My little secret

Put this mentally into the background as a soundtrack for this post:
whatever that Madonna song is that goes, "ooooooo, ooooooo, somethings coming over meeeeee... my baby's got a secret."

My little secret is that I'm working at Motherhood Maternity part time in the good ol' Dayton Mall, and I'm knocked up. They do not know it yet. It seems to me that there would be reason for suspicion... I do NOT have an absolutely canny ability to calculate the due dates of women who are 4-12 weeks pregnant... I am dating their in regards to my own. I do not HEAR that the Palmer's Skin Oil is fabulous, I absolutely freaking know it. (I'm a greasy goddess who smells exactly like vanilla cake right now, as a matter of fact.) And I am NOT just bullsh*tting about the joy of the prospect of having a baby in July. I'm totally (secretly) sharing it.

So apart for waiting for my 3 months to go so that I can get a discount (conveniently timed for perhaps a tiny belly bump of something other than KFC?) I am surrounded during the times spent at the mall by mostly happy mommys-to-be, indulgent grandmothers, and children ranging from indolent to adorable... it's a great gig. And it pays more than Kohls :-)

1 comment:

Aunt TT said...

Everything you type is totally entertaining. :) *HUGS*