Good morning from a snow-covered Miami Valley.
I just listened to a snippet of the traffic report while warming up my cold-thwarting chicken soup, and apparently my lovely surreal drive this morning was much more of an exception than the norm. And my gauge of temperature was way off as well. Huh. Felt like 30 to me, but apparently it's 16 outside. Yikes!
So, there's a snow advisory until about 3pm today and up to three inches of snow will be dumped upon us. As it stand now, "dumps" is a gross exaggeration, because the accumulation until now has been a beautiful powdery thing I like to call "bay-bee Jeezus" snow, because it's all beautiful and renewing and innocent and Christmas-y. It takes a special kind of snow to make the city of Moraine look beautiful, and it most certainly did this morning when I drove Saby off to work.
But my "baby Jesus" snow is another man's "oh hell" snow, I guess, and the downed trolley lines at Keowee and Third are a result, along with "numerous" backups along I-70.
When I drove Saby to work it was still sort of dark, and since we left especially early the roads were still pretty empty and snowy. For the ride back I listened to an old cd of hits by the Indian playback singer Kishore Kumar, and drove slowly and carefully, almost in a trance induced by the softened edges of everything outside and the smooth melodies inside. It was a very pretty ride.
Just thinking about it is making me pleasantly sleepy ... and I'm fighting my first cold of the season, so I think I'll go with that vibe and sleep. Oh, my foot for a hot lemonade right now... instead, let me see what crazy dreams I can have.
Then maybe there will be something more entertaining to write about!
1 comment:
"These dreams go on when I close my eyyeees." That's from the band Heart from like...1985 or something. I have the album.
My mom mentioned the other day, after I told her I was having weird dreams, that when she was pregnant with me that she dreamed she had a baby in a box under the bed... I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. It reminded me of the little girl in Pan's Laberinth who kept a potato under the bed in water. It spouted buds and she imagined it was a real baby... gross... haha
Thanks for the reading material in Contracts this morning...we had a pop quiz! Wish me luck on my Constitutional Law mid-term esta tarde... mucho amorrrrr.
Post a Comment