Well mine too, mine too!
Back [what feels like 9 million years ago] at the old apartment, whenever it would rain we would pull up the blinds and stand in the window, enjoying the downpour. In my ever-present desire to raise a FEARLESS FEMALE, I've told E from early on that thunder is "tigers." Why? Because she likes tigers.
She growls at tigers. Tigers are thunder. Therefore, she growls at thunder.
(yeah, shuttup... you know it's cute, at least a little bit)
So when today's 110 degree Fahrenheit heat index finally dissolved the hot gray sky into the thunderstorms we were all waiting for, Elena was ready at the kitchen sliding door, ready to watch for tigers.
"Rain!" Yes, it was raining.
"Tie-gahs!" Indeed, then came the thunder.
"Head?" [tilt head, wiggle hips, beseeching look]
This "head" thing I didn't know.
"Mama? Head?" [hips wiggle again]
Head? I was flipping through my mental Rolodex...
"Mama? Rain, rain... head?" And then I realized... standing in the apartment window, watching the rain would usually included a few rounds of
"It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring. Went to bed and he bumped his head, and he didn't get up in the morning."The kid remembered. We moved the first week of June, so these were May showers we sang for. It's the first week of August. That's a long time.
Thus... I also have a genius ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment